Thread: AR SLAP Trax
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #155
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 28,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bier View Post
I plan on being down just north of Jasper at the end of the month for a Triumph RAT raid and am hoping to check out some of the great dual sport areas you all have. So far I've downloaded the 108 WR-Jasper trail and the 88 LowGap Oark routes but wanted to ask if you had any other recommendations since you know the area quite well. For background, I ride a tiger 800 and will be there for 2-3 days and would think anything arond 200 miles for the day would be great.

Thanks for any recommendations

you looking for more pavement than dirt? or a mix of both? Right now the two you have downloaded would be mostly dirt and in those two areas, creek crossings are now river crossings so heads up! Other than that, they are basically maintained county dirt roads and very dooable on a tiger.

There are several really good roads (paved) to ride north of Jasper going into MO that you would enjoy..many seem to enjoy the Peel Ferry crossing Bull Shoals Lake crossing into MO..ferry is free and runs from 7am to dusk..get a AR map and look for Harrison..hwy 7 north to hwy 14 to hwy 125 north to the lake..cross the lake and take 125 west to hwy 76 towards branson..then work your way south...hwy 86 in SWMO is a fun road going west..Eureka Springs in AR is always a fun stop too..gosh, there are so many fun roads here..even east of Harrison over by Mtn Home..Push Mtn (hwy 314) is a fave for many riders...hwy 123 south of Jasper off "scenic hwy 7" is another one...I could go on but then I would get a cramp in my hand from all the typing!

Good luck and have fun and welcome to my backyard!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote