View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #435
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6253 View Post
y0y02369, For video editing I used the Windows Live Movie Maker. I actually downloaded some trial versions of other software. I think it was the Sony software I liked using, but it was really more than I needed, so I never bought it.

The rear spring on the KTM was firm enough. Before the trip I put in stiffer fork springs. I needed the upgrade even for solo riding as I am more than a little weighty and when full the Safaris add ~70 pounds over stock. I tested the new springs solo over a couple hundred miles of varying terrain and thought it was good, but we had some handling issues that I didn't get figured out and sorted until Washington. The suspension was a magic carpet ride on the Dalton. Solo and without luggage the forks are quite stiff and harsh now. I should probably re-valve in order to get the range of adjustment needed, but I usually travel with full panniers.

Thanks for all of the comments everyone! I hope you are getting your Alaska trip plans together.
Oh awesome! I have a mac so I tried the equivalent to that. I probably just dont know how to use it well enough.

Ok that makes sense. For my first trip I won't be doing too much offroad so hopefully stock will be good. I am quite thin and so is the girlfriend so we'll see!

Thanks for all Dave!

Yohan
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote