View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
what car??
down the road

Oddometer: 354
I would hate to lose the main (cylindrical) filter as the possible contamination to the injectors. Getting some micro junk in the injector nozzle or pintle valve would be not so good in my opinion. I'm thinking of tearing out the old filter material and trying to replace it with some new filtration medium. I'm just curious about whether there is a tight enough fit in there to keep the caps from dislodging or creating another issue. I'm sure there's some kind of adhesive used for the paper element where it's attached to the caps, but what is it. I'm in need of filters (or a possible pump) also here in Guatemala, dealership doesn't have them.

Also, how would having an external fuel filter lower fuel pressure?? It has to go through the filter regardless of where it's at. It would have a few more inches to travel, but as far as pressure I don't think it would lower it. Anyone with experience with this? I'm willing to try it as a solution for my issues if none others present themselves. Although I guess I could have a friend ship some to me, but at a cost :(

what car?? screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 09:27 AM
what car?? is offline   Reply With Quote