View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #299
Matt 82 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1d1 View Post
Video 2 brought back some memories, I used to cycle over the Kincardine Bridge with my pal when I was about 10 years old. And my parents had friends who came from Skinflats - you're right it's a dump!

And the end shot riding up Ladysmill towards Kerse Lane - I often used to walk down that road, on the way to visit my gran if I'd been in the town centre.

I'll have to get the S10 up to Falkirk for a run, when the weather improves
Glad they brought back memories. Certainly wasn't going to educate anyone! I've found myself making disparaging remarks about places I pass that I'll need to cut out.

It's a simple formula with me. No people = lovely place that I could spend all day in. People = dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chammyman View Post
the video amused me.

Keep making them.

i have thought about getting a camera and doing the same, letting the nonsense pour from my head. I think it may be therapeutic. Well for me anyway, traumatic for everyone else.

Where did you get the camera and mic? Sorry if i missed a post where you explain that.
The first video there I found it very awkward to talk. The problem being is that I don't really have much to say. I obviously have political views and personal issues and enjoy Game of Thrones like everyone else but who the hell wants to hear about that? So I tried talking about the stuff I could see and it sort of worked. I was a bit more relaxed yesterday so I wasn't quite so stuck for things to talk about. Having said that maybe it's the struggling to find something interesting to say that makes the video remotely watchable. Give it a go though. Once you get past the initial awkwardness it's fine.

I got them from Amazon. It's the Drift HD. I'd been holding off pulling the trigger on one until I was sure I would use it. The price usually fluctuates between 170 and 190. Not sure of the reasons why but it's worth keeping an eye on the prices. I checked back one day and it had dropped to 150 so I bought it before it went back up. Mic and memory card were bought separately but still from Amazon.

It's a very good camera. The one thing that's holding me back from saying that it's amazing is the fish eye lens. It tends to make objects in the middle distance seem microscopic. At one point in the first test video I turned to the left to show the mountains but in the video you can hardly see them at all.

If I drop the image quality down from 1080p (which I didn't really want to do) I can narrow the angle a bit which will hopefully lessen the fisheye effect. One of the reasons I got it was to show how stunning it was to ride through Glen Coe. Would be a bit pointless if the mountains look like they're 100 miles away.

Will see how it goes and report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakbiker View Post
Your accents not that bad.....and you are on the 'proper' side of the road
Well if you can understand me (I'm assuming you have a Brummie accent here) then anyone can!

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote