View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #686
g®eg OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,179
and just in case people thought the multi 21 controversy was dead....

Quote:
Vettel says Webber didn’t deserve to win

Tony DiZinno
Apr 11, 2013, 8:24 AM EDT

1 Comment

AP Sebastian Vettel took the “Multi 21” Malaysian Grand Prix controversy a step further on Thursday in China when he told the assembled press that Red Bull teammate Mark Webber didn’t deserve to win.
Vettel claimed he didn’t properly understand the coded message and would do such a passing maneuver again.
“Had I understood the message, then I think I would have thought about it, reflected on what it means, what the team wants me to do, to leave Mark in first place and me finishing second,” said Vettel. “And I think I would have thought about it and probably done the same thing because Mark doesn’t deserve that.”
Vettel doesn’t consider himself “the bad guy” and appeared to maintain a cheeky nature about it when pressed further by Reuters.
“I don’t like to talk ill of other people. It’s not my style. I think I said enough. The bottom line is that I was racing, I was faster, I passed him, I won,” he said.
In terms of support, if Vettel was asked to do so for Webber, he seems unlikely to do so. Vettel looks to be precisely self and team-focused first.
“Being completely honest, I never have support from his side,” Vettel said. “I’ve got a lot of support from the team and I think the team is supporting both of us the same way.
“I respect him a lot as a racing driver but I think there were more than one occasions in the past where he could have helped the team and he didn’t.”
Webber was part of the FIA Press Conference Thursday and addressed matters there.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g®eg is offline   Reply With Quote