View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
They call me......Ronski
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Wishing I was back in Grand Junction, now in MN
Oddometer: 714
Originally Posted by WallyWhirled View Post

Am trying to get correct title in CA for a bike purchased out-of-state. No other state that I know of requires it but CADMV requires the engine number to be recorded along with the VIN.
Here in MN you need the engine # as well. Typically, no inspection is required.
Except for special circumstances, such as when I replaced my 2004 525 EXC frame for the better-handling 2005 frame. I still haven't had it inspected yet, so I don't have the new title, but I was still able to get this year's license tab.
The best way to have a hassle-free visit with the DMV around here is to drive to an office well out of the metro area.
Enduro Racer & Big Bike Adventurer
AdvRonski is offline   Reply With Quote