View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #2860
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubilado View Post
My wife and I picked up a new 1190 Adv (not R) in Cannes, Fr about ten days ago and are now in Podgorica, Montenegro. We've got a little over 2200K since leaving and have not experienced any heat problems. Now, we should say that it's been a tad chilly in the upper Balkan Peninsula with "some" rain so that needs to be considered... Also we are wearing Klim riding suits, but there really have been NO HEAT ISSUES even when we've been in stop and go traffic in some of the bigger towns. The bike tours beautifully.

Hubilado, if you get a bit of time I would love to hear more about how your wife finds the passenger accommodation on this bike, particularly with respect to the footpeg placement.

Some have complained of the pillion pegs being too high and/or forward, and they do look that way.

But after 2200km your comment "The bike tours beautifully" suggests things can't be all bad for the occupant of the rear seat.

Any other comments you wanted to make on the bike's qualities as a tourer would also be more than welcome.

What sort of fuel range have you been getting?

Sounds like you are enjoying quite a trip. Congrats.