View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #7458
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,517
In my cage I've been playing with these options, and it seems to me that when navigating a Track (e.g. GoTo->Track), the "trip computer" calculations (like distance (or time) to destination) work quite differently than when navigating a Route.

This is not a complaint but just asking for confirmation or suggestions, but what I've seen for example are things like:

When navigating a Track:
- The "Time to Destination" starts to increase quickly when you stop for awhile, different than a Route does.
- If you get off of the Track then the "Distance to Destination" can do all kinds of crazy things and give pretty large numbers (kind of gets lost as it is not trying to calculate any new route).

Seems ok just not as clean as Routes in this regard. Point is I wonder if it still is not best to just do both: View a Track, and Navigate a Route at the same time... The Track is to be trusted and the Route is to just give you the best Trip data (just ignore the announced turns, etc).

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote