View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #264
too old OP
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,321
The last post from me on the ADDC 2013 -

A lot has been written about a certain young man over the last week and indeed 2 years, much from this direction

It's been a tough two years with injury and luck, but I believe this week Sam has been able to prove a lot, not just to the wider world, but as much to himself in his undoubted abilities.

Taking the super special by a second or so he has headed the field on track from the first turn of his wheel until the last and at the age of 24 and still technically a junior - considering this, I would with an element of respect propose that he attains the status of "Junior Alien"

For me though nothing has defined his week more than the last stage

Already kicked with his off course penalty due to third party intervention (the ADCC body did not want to penalise him as they beileved there were mitigating circumstances and it was unspotrtsmanlike) - he was further knocked in that as it was an off course violation his overall and not stage time was affected, so he still had to lead off on the final day with the wolves on his tail

Having said this is might have been a good thing, as him chasing back the lead from 7th could have been dangerous and also at least now his on course time is a true reflection of his week

Starting first, by CP1 he had actually opend a gap on Coma and the rest of the field and was leading - the stage 290 km got quicker as it flattened out and it is no secret that this version of the HRC 450 is not as quick as the other bikes, as expected Coma eventally made up the minure and ran a few seconds ahead at the finish and Sam maintained 1 and a half minute on course lead

What was amazing though was that non of the other starters were able to make up the time to catch him, not even Speedy who was competing for the win - a truly amazing ride from the front.

Sam has been humble and preofessional in his approach as can be seen from his interview on the last stage - some great shots also -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9SFDsvjfho - edit - strange the video has been edited since it was first posted and Sam's pre-race interview has been taken off!

Go Sam
Attached Images

too old screwed with this post 04-12-2013 at 08:53 PM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote