Thread: BMW Dry suit
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #20
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
OK... I got my hands on it today. Nice stuff. It is considerably lighter weight than the Rallye. Like maybe 50% lighter. Part of that is the armor which is a lot more flexible but the material itself is clearly less dense.

The fit was nice as well and the 54 fit my frame nicely. The arm adjustments weren't as good as the Rallye. There are only two snap positions as opposed to infinite variability offered by the velcro straps on the Rallye.

There is no thermal liner. That means you will need something under it if the temps drop below 60. That also means the jacket needs to hang a bit loose so you can fit a fleece or something like that under it.

The waterproofing is a very thin liner that is sewn into the shell. It is so thin that you can almost see through it. I'm not sure how it breaths.

Venting isn't a priority with this suit. There are two vent zips in front, under the arms. I'm guessing BMW didn't want to risk leaks by having vented arms.

The pants really did impress me. Since there is no liner, it would be a lot easier to use them as overpants. My Rallye pants catch my work pants and are very hard to use as overpants. Styling of the pants was good and they include pockets and hip armor.

IN all, it was a nice suit. It looked and felt more like a touring suit than the Rallye suit. It is just not as rugged nor heavy but likely plenty for the use given by most GS riders.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote