View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #711
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Oddometer: 4,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAnCrazymtl View Post
You could be right, but I don't think we'll get anything new from McLaren now. I think if they wanted to say anything else on the matter they would have done so when Hamilton jumped ship.
I don't suppose we will get much from any source until the protagonists are writing their memoirs. It will be interesting nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAnCrazymtl
I remember hearing or reading something about Alonso screwing over someone at Renault after the incident at Singapour when Piquet jr "hit the wall". If I'm not mistaken Favilo took the heat as team principal and his agent to get him over to Ferrari. I know this is vague but it's all I can remember!
There's a persistent rumour that Alonso did know about the planned crash in advance but nothing more than that (at present). Everything I read about Alonso's time(s) at Renault suggest that they liked him even if they couldn't get him to provide the feedback about the car that his team-mates did. Their liking may have something to do with the two championships he delivered for them despite the car not being very good and at a time when Ferrari were so dominant.