View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #1771
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurw View Post
Dennis, with everyone of your posts here I think now you reached climax, now it can't get any better, surely this has to stop sometime.
If my past history is any indication of what's to come right when things start getting good, the hairy hands of fate intervene. Perhaps that's one reason I just want to keep moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
As soon as Spies sat down, I would've offered to autograph my placeholder helmet for him to keep.
Classic. Next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Don't know if Vickie Smith was there, but she is a Ducati insider who pulls strings for American Ducati customers. Since USA is their biggest market, it would seem wise of Ducati to sponsor you on a similar trip around Europe even if the sponsorship was no more than a bike, air and hotels.

So many rich possibilities from a journalistic standpoint.. compare, cultures, riders, etc.
"Europe with an Italian Supermodel" is all I can think about lately....I fell asleep last night examining google maps and planning out routes on my iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodfart View Post
This RR is inspirational, to the point of being life changing. I hope you have some understanding of the effect this RR has had on some of us. I had some time last night, so I began re-reading it (now at page 10). This RR is showing me I can take my VFR solo, cross country; that self doubt and fear are merely a precursor of growth. Thanks again for your hard work and insight... please keep us posted on when your book will be out.
Thanks for saying so. Everyone's support and feedback has changed my life as well. The beginning and the end of the novel are 'finished' (meaning only 20-30 more proofreads/changes, etc.), which is a relief, because it has been the most difficult writing I've ever done. The middle is a mess at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post
I'm optimistic that Ben was way laid back and just took you at face value. Authenticity wins, man. On both sides.
Ben was super cool! More on him in the next update....which I may not have time for until Sunday!!!

(Spoiler alert: I literally just packed my gopro in and charged up my camera batteries. R/R: San Francisco coming up soon!)
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote