View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #24
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques View Post
For many reasons, we won't be able to make this ride, but I'm curious as to the requirement for bikes > 600cc? I don't mean at all to start anything negative about the ride because I applaud what hard work RMAR puts in on these routes and rides! I'm just wondering.

I'm too noob and slow (ok there are two of the five reasons) for a ride like this but it sure looks like a blast for nmtrialsguy and I to try pieces of on our own sometime in our own backyard! But I have a CRF250L so its engine is too little--so even if I were a good, fast rider, I wouldn't be able to keep up with the big bikes, is that it?? I just would like to understand for the possibility of future rides (although I imagine this ride'll be full from repeat riders for the future ).

On the other hand, the 250L *is* over 300 lbs, so maybe there's a loophole?

cheers

We are expecting some of the big boys: BMW 1200 GSA, Tiger 1200, etc.... The pace and the route will be built for these riders. Guys on lighter bikes that are faster offroad....lcould be bored, so we are trying to set the right expectations.

Of course we would take someone on a lighter bike and little bike, as long as this is understood.

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote