View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #25
DirtDad
Green Chile Guru

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques View Post
For many reasons, we won't be able to make this ride, but I'm curious as to the requirement for bikes > 600cc? I don't mean at all to start anything negative about the ride because I applaud what hard work RMAR puts in on these routes and rides! I'm just wondering.

I'm too noob and slow (ok there are two of the five reasons) for a ride like this but it sure looks like a blast for nmtrialsguy and I to try pieces of on our own sometime in our own backyard! But I have a CRF250L so its engine is too little--so even if I were a good, fast rider, I wouldn't be able to keep up with the big bikes, is that it?? I just would like to understand for the possibility of future rides (although I imagine this ride'll be full from repeat riders for the future ).

On the other hand, the 250L *is* over 300 lbs, so maybe there's a loophole?

cheers

I have done this ride so far on:

DR650, KTM530EXC, 06HuskyTE610, KLR650.

Some of our riders have done this ride on a Yamaha XT225. Out of all the bikes taken on this ride I was most
comfortable on the KLR. Wished I had the 530 in some sections, and the Husky in others.
Was trying to find that button that would convert the bike as I was riding but not there.

This is a great ride that is suitable for all types of bikes, and skill levels. A little more challenging on a bigger
heavier bike, but nothing real difficult. I could take my wife as pillion on this ride.

Glad to see people signing up. Looking forward to this ride.
DirtDad is offline   Reply With Quote