Originally Posted by Lornce
Bike looks nice.
High idle issues are sometimes caused by the ignition advance weights hanging up in the advanced position, even as the revs drop off.
The change in ignition timing alone can leave an otherwise properly tuned engine "idling" at 3k rpm.
Flushing the bean can liberally with electric contact or brake cleaner and then dousing it with aerosol silicone spray can often cure sticking advance weights.
I'm surprised your fork springs aren't too stiff after shortening an already heavy wind.
Pretty sure you are on the money regarding idle. There are no leaks I can find. The bean can was well lubed and in excellent running order when I went through it during the build. The issue is most likely timing. I was in a little too much of a hurry to balance carbs when first firing her up. It was running rough initially so I may have bugger'd the timing in my haste to make other adjustments. I'll recheck soon when I have time to get back into it.
I tried the stock springs and found them way soft. Did some research in other threads and saw that other were advocating for stiff springs. They worked out just about right.
Nice to hear from you. Cheers!