View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #727
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAnCrazymtl View Post
Anyways Wxwax, we'll see if your right cause a hole bunch of them got thier nose in front of the Red Bulls for the start of this one. It's a bold move to not even set a time. I hope it works out for either Seb or Jenson. It would help bring to light the stupidity of putting junkyard tires on the quickest cars in motor sports...
I think Red Bull's qualifying strategy is perfect for Red Bull.

It was apparent that Red Bull wasn't fast enough to win pole. But the only way their can can win is to get the lead and keep it. So their tire strategy is intended to give Vettel the lead.

I believe every single car front of Vettel is on the softer compound. He's on the harder compound. Therefore, unless he gets into an accident, he is assured of assuming the lead within the first ten or fifteen laps, when all the yellow tires pit.

From there, it's classic Red Bull. Lay down fast laps and hope to overcome your initial deficit by the time you make your own first pit stop.

Could be a winning strategy.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan

wxwax screwed with this post 04-13-2013 at 01:46 PM
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote