View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #738
WildAnCrazymtl
Political Prisonor

Oddometer: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
The tire strategy the FIA has demanded of Pirelli isn't eco friendly. It's the opposite. They go through more tires in a race, not fewer. Not sure what you mean.

The unintended consequence is that qualifying suffers. The top cars ran very few laps. In two of the three segments they only came onto track for one time lap. If that continues, the FIA may make some changes.
Eco friendly is probably not the best choice of words for the point I wanted to make... I am not sure I like the direction F1 is going. It seems to me this tire bs is intended to punish the faster teams and give a break to the mid pack cars. When a faster car has to run to a lap time to make garbage rubber last and let a slower car seem competitive, it is almost like fixing the races. Not sure if this is an effort to attract an uninformed fan that must see artificial passing.

Just give them good rubber and throw nails on the track and watch the cars get flats. That would mix up the order, because having the cars finish in order of their actual speed is boring according to some.

It could be I am getting tired of the new F1, it seems they are losing their way like NASCAR a few years back.