View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #367
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiya View Post
Thanks for continuing to write up your travels, Gus! You two have definitely inspired me. I've got some time set aside for my first road trip. Just need to set an itinerary, get a tail pack, and make it happen.
Candiya, it's great to hear from you. I really hope you do get out and do that trip. You'll be so glad you did. Don't look at the final destination and think "that's so far to go (on my own / on a bike / whatever)". If you were to go to say Kennewick, would it be too far? Probably not. Each leg of your trip will be like that. Just remember you're not doing it all at once so don't let that keep you from doing it. I'm sure you've done a day of riding around where you live and cover 150-200 miles without even noticing. This will be the same, just in a direction you might not know. Get yourself a GPS that you can mount on the bike (nuvi, zumo, etc), learn how to program it (you sometimes have to input addresses as waypoints to "force" it to go the way you want it to go) and you'll be good!! Keep me posted though. Would love to hear how it goes.

Btw, The next time we're back in your area we'll let you know. It would be great to ride with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote