View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #207
AK Smitty OP
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 316
I agree that Veronica is amazing. Without her I can't imagine what would have happen. They still have a lot of details to work out and most of them are in their US office. I could ONLY pay in the US with bank check or money order. As I spoke to already no one could give me an exact price.

I agree can't give enough credit to Veronica and she really tried to overcome the poor process her empoler has. Not her fault. I think it is a safe call to go with them. With one caution: If you contact then and Veronica is no longer there;

RUN!!! RUN FAST TO ANOTHER COMPANY!!

How was the rest of your trip? Anyone new trips in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonz View Post
Howdy,
I'm one of the guys who shipped out on Lyn Cargo the week before. Of all the options in Columbia, they were by far the most knowledgeable and helpful. In fact, after several days of frustration in Cartagena where we got many differing answers on shipping (even from the same company), Henry and I actually drove all the way back to Bogota to use them specifically because of Veronica and how helpful she was. When we got there, the helpfulness continued. Paying was a hassle (cash or wire transfer only - I managed to get enough cash from ATM's and the handler drove me to the banks and back with the cash). Veronica finally figured out that you could pay for the shipping with a credit card through their American branch and that was how Henry paid. They let us hang out in their office, use the internet as needed, and the printers. I'm sad to say I forget his name, but the handler (for lack of a better term) stayed with me at the airport for probably 5 hours getting my motorcycle checked in.

The headaches occurred on the US end. First off, you can't legally walk out of the Miami airport so cab ride #1 to Centurion cargo to pick up the paperwork. At this point, I was told amount of the destination fee ($40) and that they wouldn't take anything but a money order or wire transfer. I walked to the Western Union across the street and they couldn't do a money order (system down I was told). I walked from there to my hotel since it was on the way and called a cab to go to customs from there. The f*%king cab company kept saying they were just a few minutes away and kept dicking around until it was too late to make it to customs by closing.

Next morning, it's off to customs (cab ride #2) and I get my release paperwork. Cab ride #3 to a different Western Union for the money order and then from there to Centurion. Somewhere about $50 for all the cab rides.

The big hassle is paying the destination fee - they need to work something out on that.

So I give Lyn Cargo a big thumbs up as they were WAY WAY WAY more helpful than anyone else in Columbia. Especially Veronica

I am here: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...f53b74b2cb510d
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote