View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #2378
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they covered both heat races and the main from start to finish. What more do you want? The ratio of race coverage to "filler" (commercials and fluff) is much higher with CBS's one-hour, one-class condensed format than with the Speed's 4-hour two-class format. And I think with some time to edit, CBS does a much better job of catching the important passing on track.

One can certainly complain about live coverage vs. delayed, and perhaps the loss of the LCQ's matters to some (not me), but to my mind, watching one-hour of CBS is a lot more efficient and interesting than wading through four-hours of Speed.

- Mark
I don't know what people expect from race coverage. They showed both heats, the main, replays of significant happenings, podium interviews, and all with decent, knowledgeable commentary. Sounds like a full hour to me. Come on, you have to have commercials.

Next week, Speed will have full coverage of both 250s and 450s. That will give people three hours of coverage to complain about instead of just one.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote