View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #149
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,625
Continuing on

Still a lot of brine or salt-sand mixture on the roads and often still out in the lanes on backroads

What can I say about this? maybe " left elbow headed down the South Toe"

I think this is Jack's Creek

Heck, let's just try the British side

Was headed here for lunch but the Hill Top Restaurant has become a boutique

On the west side of town ( Burnsville) I saw this headed up the hill so I went back to give it a try. When I got there, there were a few locals on the porch eating and so I asked what they thought and got two thumbs up which was good enuf fer me. The service was great and food as well and I sat on the little porch to eat. It is air conditioned inside if you like. It is really good place for bikes to stop I think. Called "Wish Bone"

And the price was right too

Heading east on 19E the construction is in full swing but no delays today for me

Micaville!

I like old barns

This road going south toward Old Fort is endless stuff like this

Old Fort Depot

Making a full circle around Mt Mitchell today ( peak in the background)

Stopped here to take a break on Mill Creek but the beer in my tank bag must have got shaken up

So the battery gave out in my camera and I went on up to Black Mtn then hit Ah Fourdy, got tired of that quickly then headed for Pisgah Forest which I have posted a lot of that stuff before and here I am on 276 maybe 15 minutes from "mi casa" and a cousin lives in that house behind the mirror

Collecting some old "Mercs"

Rolled in the garage with 211 miles today. Headed maybe for TX and NM next week so trying to decide whether I'll post it up here or start a "ride report". The whole trip will be like little day trips just not connecting back home for a while A bigger loop

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 04-14-2013 at 07:30 PM
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote