View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #1778
lmyamen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Man I forget to check in on this thread and more greatness happens since the last time I posted up. I am looking forward to more posts!!!

On another note it was your thread and words that actually helped me purchase my 2nd bike, You said and I quote..

"I briefly considered the advantages and disadvantages of particular makes and models of bikes, but when it comes down to it, comfort and convenience are overrated; masochistic machines cultivate will and test mental fortitude, so something built for mileage was totally out of the question. In the end it came down to only one choice: the 1199 Panigale S"

For me I was not in a place to be able to purchase a Panigale I was on a limited budget but I purchased something I wanted rather then something that was made for "built for mileage" like a 1200gs or Tenere. I did purchase a 03 Z1000 which I have put 1,200 miles on in the past few weeks and plan on doing some larger trips this summer on it...

Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration to through practicality out the window and purchase what you want rather then what everyone tells you that you need to have.

lmyamen is offline   Reply With Quote