View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
Mr Dual Sport OP
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
Great to see you two getting out there. I have spent a lot of time in that area also. Last time I was in Stauffer there were still a couple buildings standing, time marches on. There is a major knapping (sp?)...Arrowhead making spot on a point on Glass Butte. The first time a family friend took me up there the piles of Obsidian were huge and there were a ton of broken points laying all over. The Obsidian was a really cool brownish red and black swirled together. Last time I went there people had hauled the majority of it away and had been digging/screening for artifacts. Lots of history out there. Great place to wake up for Easter. Easter for me was at Saline Valley Hot Springs...Hard to beat the wide open desert spaces.
Staci found a blueish arrowhead by Summer lake last weekend. There was lots of people camped out at the base of Glass Butte when we rode out. I'm assuming that's the spot you where talking about. Very cool place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodschip View Post
Many thanks for sharing your adventures.I am so jealous! Glad you were safe.Hope you have many more miles and smiles.
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks