View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #54
jbar28 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
I didn't really ride much today, only about 4 hours. I had left the bike with some friends of friends in Rota, so after collecting that, doing some laundry and having a fabulous lunch, I didn't get on the road until 3pm. I headed to Ronda. We'd been through there a few days before in the rental car and it looked like a fun place to ride. The area around Grazalema is good, but came across five or six places where the road had sunk away.

Don't know if this is common, or if they've had a lot of rain, or what, but be careful!

From Ronda I rode down A-397, which I'd read is a great road. I'll say it is scenic, but not a great ride. Speed limit is 60 kph in any turn tight enough to lean, and if you ride within the law it wouldn't make your Grandma car sick. If you don't.. I saw one speed camera and three Guardia Civil, so take your own chances. There are lots of roads in Spain that are a better ride, with much less traffic. Don't know why this one is so well known.

Anyway, I made it back down to the coast, to my little hotel on the beach in Sabinilles.

It's a nice enough town. Guy at the reception desk was nice enough to print my customs form for Morocco, so baring any unforeseen glitches, I'll be in Ifrane tomorrow night! Does that sound positive? I'm trying to be positive, but the closer I get to going on the ferry, the less well I sleep and the more I find to worry about. Spain and France seem different to me when I compare them to home, but when I think of Africa... well, the only way to find out is to go find out, so that's what I'm going to do. But I don't mind saying it's a bit intimidating.

jbar28 screwed with this post 04-16-2013 at 01:22 PM
jbar28 is offline   Reply With Quote