View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #7777
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejjmay View Post
Just posted this in the klR250 thread, then found the klX 250 thread. Thanks everyone!

The dealer near here is selling out their 2012 KLX250's at cost (so they say) to get the 2013's on the floor.They are asking $4399 (+tax, etc)

I have a few quesitons, thanks so much in advance for your help.

Did they fix the breaking star shifter issue with the 2012 model? sounds like its an issue mostly with 09 and 10.

Is it a good deal? I want a new bike, so i know whats been done to it from day one (had issues in the past), so the "look for a decent used one" doesn't really apply here.

What does it need off the floor? Im thinking sw motech skid (recommendations?), some kind of hand guards (recommendations?), anything else right away? radiator guards perhaps?

any other insight would be great. ive never bought a brand new bike before so any break in advice, etc would be appreciated. thank you all so much. looking forward to joining the community of klx riders!
Sounds like a good deal. How and where are you going to ride it? What's your riding experience? What's your height & weight?
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote