View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #1936
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeldTerror View Post
If that is the case then what is the counter argument?

My problem is that we do not let people walk on roads for a reason, speed differential mostly.

So why do we allow a bicycle that might be going 15-20 miles an hour (not talking downhill) on a 45-55 mph road? What, because it has two wheels?
You are thinking these rules are for safety? interesting.

The counter argument is that our taxes are pooled and spent by our elected officials. Road taxes are spent just as fast as any others and not necessarily on roads. the fact that some say they pay more in taxes ( and how would they know what others pay?) really doesn't matter as it is the VOTES that decide who gets to spend the government money and on what.
But really roads are there for people to travel. A 45mph speed limit simply means the upper limit. When someone on a scooter or a combine is in front of me going 20 mph, I do not have the right to bump them out of my way. People walk on roads all the time. Even in the city and in some places, even on the interstate. Out in Wyoming I remember seeing farm equipment, bicycles and pedestrians on the interstate because there really is no "other" road.

Would I say having such a difference in speed a safe thing? No. I agree that it is not that safe, however, how far down the safety road do we motorcyclists want to travel? They could ban 2 wheelers pretty easily I think.
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote