View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Tyler OP
Miss Demeanor

Oddometer: 301
It was very cold so we all retired to our humble abodes and chatted until about midnight before retiring for the evening. The next morning we all met for coffee and toast and bid goodbye to our friends and 4-legged creatures...

Scott and Cara had opted to accompany me on my backroads route home which included the smooth and creamy of Comptche-Ukiah Rd...

Wheeeeeeeee!!

Which then turns into the goaty and bumpy Orr Springs Rd...

It was a cool, clear, and beautiful day...

Scooted along 101 to 253 which is one of my personal favorites... again, no traffic so didn't stop much for photos because we were having too much fun... but it looked like this...

Into Boonville to scope out a couple of deli places and then out 128 which starts out wide open and sweepers and then tightens up to some nice twisties as you get closer to Cloverdale...

Lunchtime... excellent bbq place outside of Cloverdale...

Then 128 and a myriad of little backroads through the wine country where the crops are in full swing...

Chalk Hill Rd...

Followed by Faught Rd., into the Calistoga area and through St. Helena via St. Helena Rd. and Spring Mountain Rd., Silverado Trail to 121, Wooden Valley Rd. and then finally hitting that last hour or so to slab it home (those are the times I wish I could beam me home, Scotty!)... I arrived home exhausted but happy... I forgot that longer, multi-day rides require stamina and conditioning and I was out of shape! Guess I'll have to do some more training...

FIN

Dangerous Curves
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote