View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #36
squawk77 OP
Dreamer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart79 View Post
I am going to make a Morocco trip in about two weeks. Just like you, it will be a solo trip with a packed aprilia pegaso (tuscany tibet version). I also adopted the merzouga-zagora (I meant the Mhamid ;)) trip in my favorites. What is the difficulty rate of that piste?
It's kind of hard to say.. I guess it depends on skill, the bike, and weather etc etc. The vast majority told me to not even think about it and then a few said it was not that bad at all. I'd never ridden in sand sand but I grew up with dirt bikes and snowmobiles. I did Merzouga-Zagora the day after a huge sand storm, and during random isolated sand twisters.. it was not that bad really. I would just give yourself lots of backup time and make sure you have extra fuel/water/money etc.. I was prepared to sleep in the desert if I had to. There are places to sleep along the way and people do live there as well, so it really isn't as bad as most say imo. It was a highlight of the trip for sure. I did ride with other bikers about half of the time and if I'd met some bikes to ride there I would have gone for Mhamid as well