View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #59
drisschoufa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
You should be able to go to a Suzuki motorcycle dealer or just find a really good mechanic in the big cities like Fes, Rabat and especially Casablanca.
One thing I learned traveling around the world is that they are a lot qualified people out there they won't be in a nice clean dealership but they sure can fix anything out there with anything.
If you are worried about the qualifications of the Moroccans and I think you should just go to Ceuta it's a Spanish city about 40mn from Tangiers with a motorcycle there is no waiting you drive in fix your bike and drive back it shouldn't take you more than few hours if the problem is adjusting your valves on a suzuki. But be ready to pay European shop prices as I know in morocco it shouldn't cost more than 20 to 30 euros to do this kind of job.
I know in Casablanca they have Ferrari Lamborghini Bentley dealers so there should be a guy qualified mecanic to do a valve adjustment on a Suzuki, key word don't act like you don't know or not sure about anything and ask people that you would see on the road riding a big bike where they are trusted mechanics that you can go to.
I honestly believe you fix the bike today Thursday and continue your journey wherever that might take you in morocco.
Again worst case scenario go to Ceuta you won't need to cross the ocean on a boat, fix your bike using people that you are comfortable with and finish your trip.
Good luck.
2007 YAMAHA WR250 son
2006 YAMAHA TTR125 daughter

drisschoufa screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 10:16 PM
drisschoufa is offline   Reply With Quote