View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #1141
bbjumper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
Thats what I was afraid of - venturing into the subjective territory. Ah well time to start experimenting.
My experience with windscreen protection started when I bought my 2000 RT a couple of years ago. At that time it had an Aeroflow screen on it which did a good job of protection all the way around. I did a 2500 mi. trip that summer and had no complaints. A couple of months later I noticed a crack between the mounting fasteners, aka replacement time. I put a stock shield on it and experienced the same thing you have. I'm 6'3 and a 34" inseam and with the stock shield on it I couldn't find a position that either provided adequate protection or eliminated the helmet buffeting. I ended up with a Cee Baileys, euro cut, 2 1/2" taller shield. I just finished a 3000 mi. trip last week and am overall happy with it. Only nick is the protection doesn't completely cover my shoulders, noticed one morning when the temp was hovering asround freezing. The Cee Bailey is made of a thicker material and shouild be more durable, it also gives me that cone of silence that I really appreciate during those 10 and 12 hour days on the road.

Good luck

1982 Suzuki GS850G The "Zook"
2000 BMW R1100RT
bbjumper is offline   Reply With Quote