View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #437
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
Hi Rexbuck,

I am only up to post#104 but I am really enjoying your RR. So there is life after retirement!

I will have to have a look at the Aussie's RR too.

I was wondering how your Spanish language skills are coping. Did you ever attend a Spanish class in Mexico?

I have just returned to Oz after 3 weeks in California. ( I have visited the Okanagan a few times too) . Your adventure is making me think about a South American rid ein the future.
Hey XRman, welcome - glad you are enjoying this. As an aside, and since you obviously like dirty bikes , you may want to look up fellow inmate Ulysis' Ride Report - he did the trip on an XR650, is a cool guy and had a great adventure.

Spanish - I struggle with English and found Spanish no easier. I actually had a Spanish teacher and did a couple of hours of classes by Skype each week before I left. I did another couple of 3 hour classes in San Pedro in Guatemala. With all this I was able ask basic questions and understand basic answers. I could have a simple conversation if the other person had some patience. The more Spanish you know, the richer your trip will be.

Good luck on your future trip. My only suggestion is to not put it off too long - I didn't meet anyone who wished they had waited before starting their trip.
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote