View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #37
pip_muenster OP
curious

Oddometer: 429
Foum Zguid

We suspected the demon to sit in a blocked thermostat. Take it out and with an open cooling circuit there should be no more overheating. Wrenching and a test run took a while, but around noon it seemed the problem was fixed.

There was another biker from Switzerland at the hostel who was waiting for his buddy. That guy had just flown into Marrakesh that morning and was now coming here, so they could explore the dirt roads in the south together. We soon agreed to join up.
One of their rental bikes was fun, he had his socks zip-tied around a fork seal to keep the fork oil from dripping all other the brake disk.

The route left the asphalt around 300m out of the village and followed a nice and fast gravel road. Our fun however was short-lived: Maybe I had hit a rock or should have checked my tire pressure, the outcome was a nice snake-bite on the front.

Wrestling with the tire to change the tube took a while, and we would run out of daylight if we were to follow the piste this day. So the two of them decided to take the asphalt road instead and ride to Zagora. I turned around and checked back into the same hostel as the night before. And to round the day up, my overheating problem re-occured. Great.