View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #1253
Mini Trail
nb

Oddometer: 2,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Seriously looking for input.

I asked a local if he wanted to go to the AR500. He said yes. About 10 days before we were to leave I had a pinched nerve in my back that was giving me a lot of pain & I warned him I may need to truck to AR. Well, my back was OK & we rode 12hrs up to AR. The first day of riding the Ozarks my back started up again. I had to cut the ride short at the lunch stop. He chose to go with me. The second day, I suggested that he should go without me. I went ahead & joined the group ride anyway & had to quit at 2:00. Him & another guy went back to camp with me. The third day, I told him I could not go on the ride & I may go home if I didn't feel any better after some rest. He went on the ride & I stayed to rest. After an hour or so, my muscles got real stiff & I could barely move. I had a very loud voice in my head saying "go now, or call wifey to come & get you". I listened & rode straight home. Only stopping for gas when I was on fumes. Now, the guy I rode up with is pissed because he feels like I left him.

Am I an asshole for leaving? Should I have risked not making it home just so he could ride home with me?
I had a guy grilling me on why we didn't just ride over. If 6 hours of I-40 wasn't bad enough in a diesel van, do it on a dirt bike. I did like sleeping with walls around me when I learned we were sleeping in a Tiger preserve.

It was nice to see you and Bob and Bob's creepy friend.

I am expecting a "thank you" letter from Coors any day now.