View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #76052
phreakingeek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
After searching around a while trying to find a replacement stud, I found it on mcmaster-carr.com. They sell a full assortment of metric stainless studs in a number of different lengths.

If memory serves, you need M6x40 1mm pitch...i got the 18-8 since i doubt i need the added corrosion protection of the 316 (and it's about $7 more per stud!)
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/3149/=mdmmna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mill View Post
I know I don't show my face around here much, but that's about to change. I live in Alabama and run around with a member here they call Swamp....

Anyways I have a 1997 DR 650 out in California at my brothers. I had him drop it off at the local shop to do some service work before my recent trip to Mexico on it last week. I do all of my own service work here in Alabama, but I have no choice. Big mistake...

So the bike left me stranded due to carburetor issues that should have been fixed by the shop, and I also noticed a broken pinch bolt on the front forks....how genuine of them. According to the parts fiche, this stud is not replaceable. Does anyone here know if that is true?

I left the bike in Mexico, and plan to go back and pick it up in July to continue towards Panama. I am making a list of parts that I need to have shipped to Mexico in order to prep for the next leg of the journey.

Oh, and here's a photo from the beginning of the 2600 mile trek that I completed in 7 days, haha!!!

phreakingeek is offline   Reply With Quote