View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #65
jbar28 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
The good news is that the bike is fine, it seems. I wasn't able to find real motorcycle oil, so I had to use regular motor oil, but about 250ml filled it up and the noise either went away or I can't hear it with my ear plugs in.

I had planned a day off riding today to visit my friends Eric and Michelle in Ifrane. Here's Eric in the market in Ifrane.

These are popular everywhere I've been in Morocco.

At lunch time Michelle came home sick, so I thought it best all around to get out of their cozy 1br apartment. Having company when you're sick can't be fun. I took the long route to Fes (Fez) where I'd made a quick reservation in a Riad in the Medina. You have to go there when in Morocco, right?

My ride took me up through some pine and cypress forests and to Timahdte.

I had to stop here for a moment where my bike odometer turned to 20,000 miles.

I hit 10,000 on my way home through France on my last trip to Spain. I'll probably hit 30,000 somewhere a bit less interesting, like Eaton, Ohio, so these things have to be celebrated when they can. This is the only bike I've ever owned that I put more than about 1500 miles on.

Eventually I made it to Fes, which I really don't care for. Too crowded, too many people trying to hustle the tourists, very stinky. Lives up to pretty much all my negative stereotypes. It's about enough to put me in a bad mood in spite of staying in one of the nicest places I've ever stayed.

I'm planning to get out of here tomorrow and meet up with Don T., a fellow ADV'er and V-Strom rider who is doing a trip from Denmark to Morocco. We had similar schedules and plans, so we're going to ride together for a while. Looking forward to that, one of the great things about ADV.
jbar28 is offline   Reply With Quote