View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #4585
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn slim View Post
I'm looking to replace my DL650 with one of the following: Stelvio, S10, T800 or - don't laugh - new DL.

Finally found a sympathetic dealer and demo'd a Stelvio this afternoon. Wow.
Vibes - They will lessen over time. Could also be a case of mal-adjusted throttle bodies. She'll run rough if those aren't sorted. FWIW mine runs better (smoother) at higher RPMs vs. lower (i.e. it's smoother at 5k rpm than 4k rpm....in fact it's very smooth at 5k rpm).

Performance - I know it was a new bike so you likely didn't want to flog it, but if you get it to 5k rpm and give the right grip a good twist, you best be hangin' on. This coming from a guy who owns a Ducati. No, it's' not Ducati fast, but there is a whole different motorcycle under you above 5k rpm....

Best of luck with your choice. If it's any consolation, I too test rode the S10 prior to the Stelvio, with the initial intention of getting the S10 due to a fantastic deal on them at the time ($11,999), but ended up with the Guzzi. This is my 2nd Guzzi and it's a gem.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote