View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #4588
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 451
[QUOTE=brooklyn slim;21217328]I'm looking to replace my DL650 with one of the following: Stelvio, S10, T800 or - don't laugh - new DL.

OK, my bias is obvious...I really like the Stelvio NTX. With that said I'd recommend looking at the total picture. HP, weight, all the other magazine numbers...they all fall away when you think about how the bike feels when you ride it. Let's face it, after 6 months of ownership the bottom line is how the bike feels for you. The NTX is the best fit for me because it does everything well. I get great range (47 mpg, 8.5 gal), great ride (decent suspension), wonderful brakes, slick transmission, easy maintenance, lots of farkles (hard bags, bash plate, aux lights, crash bars, etc.) on a bike that actually handles well when the road gets twisty or challenging. It ain't the fastest, most expensive, lightest, or most complex of the bunch...just the best combination for me. It's interesting that you saw so many of those qualities on a short test ride. Believe me, the bike gets much better with age. At 10,000 miles it is just barely broken in.

Peter Y.