View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #90
JagLite OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,004
Cool2 Fenders? We don't need no stinkin' fenders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysrider View Post
WOW, great write-up and pics. One of the best builds I've ever seen. I'm a big fan of the DR, had one in Sumo trim, and my son still does. I would highly recommend the procycle TM40 pumper carb. With that, the airbox opened up and an FMF Q pipe, my sons DR put out 42.3 hp on the dyno. For comparison, my water cooled XMOTO (pipe and airbox mods) put out 48.4 on the same dyno right after the DR. From what I've read that's about a 10hp gain on the DR, really wakes it up. We have talked about the 790 kit.... maybe one of these days.

I do have one question for you, that hasn't come up. How you gonna get away with no front fender in Alaska? I live in the Seattle area and couldn't, at least, not if I actually wanted to ride more than a few times a year.

Anyway, Fantastic job.
Thanks for the kind words!
I would love to get a pumper carb but money isn't in abundance...
A 790 kit would be grand too.

I do have a front fender for it but it doesn't look "right" on a tracker so for the show it is in the lean, mean, racing machine condition.

I have a shock sock for the rear to protect it from debris but I wanted to show off the shock at the show.
James
JagLite is offline   Reply With Quote