View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #76065
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight View Post
I would change the bushings and the bolts and if you have a castle-nut with a cotter pin I'd order the self torquing one from pro cycle makes chain adjustment a snap....be sure not to over tighten the chain....check it under load, And if you haven't removed the upper chain roller now is a good time to do so just find a bolt that fits back in the hole.
Why would you change the bolts? If the threads show no damage I believe they should be re-usable ... with loc-tite of course. The stock nyloc nuts may not be 100% ... but with loc-tite should hold fast and be safe.

Self torquing axle nuts are garbage and may damage your axle threads. Old news. Stay with the quality, made in Japan, Suzuki Castle nut. It works.

I use the same exact system shown below. All good the last 30K miles its been on there. I almost NEVER need to adjust my chain ... as I use the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER70S-2 View Post
I replaced my old castle nut with a self-locking nut and I hated it. The darn thing tried to cut the threads off the end of my axle. I used it twice and went back to the castle nut. I've been using this and it works pretty well (sprung snug, doesn't vibrate). But I like Emmbeedee's idea even better.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote