View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #3876
woodsxr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMCjohn View Post
Hey all,

So, some of us BAARCers and SFMCers will be at Hollister Hills OHV Park on Friday, April 26th thru Sunday, April 28 ... for our annual Sheetiron Tune Up and birthday party ...

We'll be taking a group photo at 5 pm on Saturday in the Madrone Campground, and this Airstream should be there, starting Friday ...

There will be birthday cake for our mascot, AJ Murphy, who is in middle school, I guess, and is a good dirtbike and flat track racer ... We get together every year for AJ's birthday at Hollister, it is a fun time, and Clay, AJ's dad, says "no gifts!", so you all are invited, and would be very welcome ...

Mike, the Airstream guy, also plays the guitar around the campfire, which is fun ...

Also, we'll be showing MotoGP Austin at the clubhouse at 18th and Folsom starting at 4 pm on Sunday, April 21st ... I won't be there this Sunday, but motorcycle people and BAARCers and ADVers are welcome ... MotoGP at 6 pm ...

And we have weekly meetings at the clubhouse every Thursday ... I'll be there tonight ... everything a motorcyclist may wish to quaff at our fountain, KLR prices ... ha. Doors open around 7pm ...

OK, that's one way to keep my post count low ... double ha.

If you click on this pic, it will take you to more pics of a trip a few SFMCers did recently to Mercey Hot Springs, Clear Creek and Carrizo:
DSCN9899
A KLR, DR650 and KTM 690 ...

Hey, if you live in San Francisco, and are a motorcycle person, the SFMC is basically your club ... we've been around since 1904, and at 18th St and Folsom since 1947 ... we're always happy to see motorcycle people!

see you around the campfire,
-- SFMCjohn
2013 SFMC President
Nice pictures.
Good to know my BRP would fit in the group.
Is that camp site at Panoche Hills? I didn't know it was out there.
Is it near Mercy Hotsprings?
I've been across that road coming across from hwy 49 a few times but it has been over 10 years since the last run.
woodsxr is offline   Reply With Quote