View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #143
Cerberus83
The Wingman

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
However, in my experience, a large percentage of the sportbike rider's out there are wasting their money because they haven't a clue what to do when the road turns twisty. I have passed some sportbikes on 129 and 28 while riding a 150cc scooter with limited cornering clearance. Obviously it's not because I was going real fast.
I tend to agree with the first part of your post. I do believe many "kids" buy sport bikes for looks and "cool" factor (i.e. posers).

However, the fact that you have "passed some sport bikes on 129 on your 150cc scooter with limited cornering clearance" doesn't mean that those riders don't know how to ride. 129 is a public road with extremely limited visibility and crap load of traffic and cops (for a good reason). My first time on the dragon, I was quite nervous (limited viz) and was taking it slow (on my Ducati 848). After two days and few runs, I was able to memorize most of those turns and felt quite comfortable and didn't have a problem riding at a spirited pace.

My point is that you know this road like the back of your hand and know what to expect which gives you a great advantage over someone like me who has never been to the dragon before.
Cerberus83 is offline   Reply With Quote