View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
Don T OP
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 454
Day 4:
Salamanca (Spain) – Algeciras (Spain) – 660km.

When I looked out the window in the morning I could see that my bike still was parked where I had left it and that it looked to become yet another day with great weather.
Although the weather wasn’t too warm this early in the morning I decided to remove the Goretex liner from my jacket and pants to be prepared for temperatures like the day before – it turned out to be the right call.

As I didn’t want to arrive too late in Algeciras the route this day was primary on highways. The weather was just like the day before with +30 degrees and a blue sky.
I only had a few stops during the day, and when I did the most important thing was to find a place in the shade to park.

As mentioned before I rode without the Goretex liner in my gear and I was impressed with how comfortable it was. With the vents open, it was almost like riding in a T-shirt and a pair of jeans – never before have I ridden in motorcycle clothes that were so well suited for warm weather riding!
Now that we are talking gear I have to mention my Vanucci boots. I had no idea that motorcycle boots could be so comfortable both when riding and walking. Besides excellent fit and function I’m impressed with the boots Sympatex membrane – even in warm weather like this I don’t get warm or damp feet.

After a good days riding (despite the highways) I arrived in Algeciras at 4pm. The night before I had book a hotel close to the harbor. The hotel had looked nice in the pictures, but I was still pleasantly surpriced - It was a really nice hotel only 2 minutes drive from the ferry to Tanger MED.

My room was located in a small garden next to the pool.

When I had moved into my room, I took a walk down to the harbor to buy the ticket for the next day – it’s easier to do when you have plenty of time and don’t walk around in riding gear.

With a ticket for the next morning in my pocket I did some shopping before returning to the hotel to take a swim in the pool and kick back before dinner. When walking around town I was several times offered “Hashi” from guys hanging out on street corners – with so many sellers it must be in high demand..?

After dinner I checked in on my bike that was parked right next to the hotel entrance before calling it a day.

Next... Morocco

Don T screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 06:24 AM
Don T is offline   Reply With Quote