View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #854
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
jesus Ara! holy mackeral! Glad youre riding again.. Whoa
Yeah...I had a pretty good feeling it broke during stage 3 but I was able to ignore the pain untill the last service stop and had to stop about 3 miles into stage 6 because the pain would just not diminish like it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
amazing that you're riding 6 wks after that. Whew!

dc
Yeah, my recovery was pretty fast. I am a fitness fanatic, so two weeks after the surgery my surgeon removed the cast and placed my foot in a removable boot so I can start doing range of motion exercises...and within 4 weeks I had full range of motion and almost 80% strength back. I was doing tons of daily leg extensions on the boken foot to prevent atrophy as much as possible, and was doing 10 miles of rowing per day on my concept2 rowing machine with my bum leg strapped to a skateboard, and 3 miles per day on an elyptical machine with very light weight bearing for blood circulation around the broken bone. So when the Doc gave me the clearance on Thursday all I had to do was get used to wearing a sneaker again and walk...the only thing I am hurting from right now is my in-sole from walking with sneaker again. And hopefully by next week I can ride my mountain bike again...I don't feel comfortable wearing just sneakers and not having the support of an mx boot yet.
toro618 is online now   Reply With Quote