Oddometer: 620
[QUOTE=VOLdog;21233073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloDon View Post

I was only home for 3 days

Don

U dont want to ride the 950....
I rode Browndogs and bought one !!!
It is one sweet machine with nothing to compare it to.
The permanent smile maker !!

We got out yesterday.......

Weather was just as clear as last Saturday.

Once again we went up the west side of the Cohutta, albeit at a slightly quicker pace. I think we were all feeling frisky having not ridden the small bikes lately. I even upped my pace a tad, although not to where I need to go changing my name or anything!

Once in NC we altered the route to pick up Benton Springs Road which is a nice twisty climb up the west side of Oswald Dome. Then instead of going down Clear Creek to 30 we went straight on 77 and took the next cut off down. This is a straighter faster road, but I think I like the tighter more scenic Clear Creek option.

We went back in Lost Creek to the “Aztec” ruins and the “Leaky Pipe” and guess what? The “Leaky Pipe” is once again leaking! After leaving the pipe we headed out to turtle Town as Larry needed to peel off.

Jeff and I continued down 64 to the No. 3 pump station and across the river back to 221. We ran down to Tumbling Creek and the water was the highest I have ever seen it on the concrete creek crossing at the first campground.

Next up was Hell’s hollow and it did not disappoint….muddy and more rutted out!

Bikes covered with mud and a little tired we pondered our next move………The valley I said and Jeff’s face let up! That would be a great (or problematic) way to end the day! Off we went….

As I figured the creeks were high and following fast! We paused at the first…Jeff called me chicken and off he went…..got of the way and stalled! No harm just water in the boots…level almost to our knees.

We both learned today was no day to be tentative….twist the throttle! The road was also more rutted than usual; I hope they don’t grade it soon getting to be like Old Bucktown. Each crossing was a mini adventure as the water was the second highest I had ever seen.

This was as deep and fast a flow as I am comfortable tacking…..well till next time!

We made all five and stopped at the clearing to let our boots and bikes drain and laugh at our luck or stupidity! One the way out I lead the way and took Jeff’s advice…twist the throttle ( I also had the knowledge learned following Jeff in.) so the return crossings were tackled at a brisker pace…you know what that means....rocks and water everywhere!

200+ miles on the DRZ's, great weather, views, roads, mud and water!

That's a GOOD day!

Looking forward to you getting back for awhile and riding with you again.....the 950, I just want to ride it once....don't think I should own one.....I am trying to calm down in my old age!!!!

Don't grow up.......it's a trap!!

SloDon screwed with this post 04-21-2013 at 06:49 AM
SloDon is offline   Reply With Quote