View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #55
fredgilb OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Sometimes I'm asked, so, how did you finish? I'm told that just to finish the first year is already an accomplishment. The cut in the rear tire the second day put me out of any chance for a high placement. This actually may have been a blessing in disguise as it allowed me relax a little more and learn to adapt to the unfamiliar and perilous wet roads.

The last day of rallying is over. Everyone is packing up and they all want to know if I'll be back next year. I now have to change gears and pack everything and head out towards Toulouse. Feels strange to contemplate the next leg of distance after a whole day of rallying. Reminds me of what you feel like after you emerge into bright sunshine outside from a matinee movie. I have a friend I'm going to stay with on the other side of the country and unwind. It's going to take me a while to process all I've been through. This ride report is helping in that regard. It was EPIC! I think I'll be happy to be somewhere and doing something that doesn't involve the scenery hurtling at me at warp speed!

My adventures, were far from over............stay tuned for more!

fredgilb screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 12:38 PM
fredgilb is offline   Reply With Quote