View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #4625
danketchpel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
I've been told they now use re-usable rubber gaskets on the valve covers (the old paper ones were a misery to deal with because they were installed w/ sealant and were destroyed when removed, then you got to enjoy scraping the gasket bits and sealant off the mating surfaces....yay), so it really should be a 5 min task to pop it off, verify what it has, then pop it back on. Easy peasy.
That is correct, the later ones have a rubber re-usable valve cover gasket.

Here's the procedure and how it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Either way, an early "congrats!" on the impending purchase. I've been going through bikes at the rate of about one every 18-24 months, looking for the one that really seems to fit me and what I'm looking for, and pushing 1 year into my Stelvio ownership I don't find myself lusting after something else. Of course this fall when the '14 KTM 1190 comes to the States I may get a wandering eye again, but for now the Stelvio is a keeper.

-SM
Thanks. I am really looking forward to finding a 2013, closing the deal, and completing the search for my next "10 year bike" I started more than 2 years ago. I'm not into swapping bikes every couple years.
00 Suzi DRZ400-S
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote