View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #42
Jdeks OP
Departed

Oddometer: 943
Hi everyone,

Update soon, Ive been back on the bike (got bored of waiting for it to come back to life) and busy riding. Mt Buller this weekend past, off to the Simpson desert in about 2 weeks, will try and get at least another chapter done before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip_muenster View Post
Great read! Thailand is high up on my 'to do' list, should have already been there years ago. In retrospect, would you recommend the rental company in Bangkok?

Interesting to read this. It seems we'd been in the same area at night on the way to the Yasmina kasbah, only that we had good weather and a gps map with most of the tracks. Much easier, once you've found a track to follow.

Get well soon!

Yes, I would certainly recommend Bangkok Bike Rentals, if you're visiting Bangkok. Good central location, and they run a very professional workshop. Bikes are all properly insured and in great condition (insisted on washing it and topping the oil up before I left), staff are riders themselves and really friendly, very accommodating, speak English and give you all the rego paperwork and their mobile number if you need some assistance. They are much more expensive than bike rental places elsewhere in more rural cities up north. But at the end of the day you're getting a 1st-world rental service at a fraction of what you'd pay normally, not just some farmer letting you borrow his scooter for a few baht. The website looks kind of tacky, and their email is a hotmail address, but they reply quickly and are definitely the real deal. Two thumbs up

As for Morocco, my mistake was trying to go 'as the crow flies'. You're right, the pistes are dead easy, but hard to see at night when it's blowing sand, and Garmin's coverage of Morocco is fairly rubbish. Once you lose the track, things get a little trickier

Jdeks screwed with this post 04-21-2013 at 06:22 PM
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote