View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
Cousteau OP
...seeking adventure

Oddometer: 61
It's never like in the movies

Well, although I am enjoying immensely the adventure, the part about sharing this with others is not going as planned.

The picture I had in my mind, as from what I had read others do, was to start early in the day, stop around 2ish, have a bite, explore, and then have a few hours to write, reflect and get my ideas down about what I've been up to. Well, getting going in the morning has not been as easy as I thought because either I'm tired or simply pulling all the gear together and get moving is taking longer, so instead of heading out around 7ish, it's closer to 9ish. Then tack onto that checking the bike, finding gas, and plugging all the gear up for the day up - charging batteries, camera, phone, etc.

Also, the riding is taking longer than expected as I am not riding terribly fast plus the roads in many of these countries are simply crap. At one point, a stretch of about 70kms in Honduras near the border with Nicaragua was so bad that instead of taking me a little over an hour, it was closer to 2:30. It looked like it has been carpet-bombed. Some of the craters were a 1/2 meter deep. You go into one of those and your trip is over.

I'm now at my good friend's Victoria's house in San Carlos, Panama, about an hour and half outside of Panama City. It's one of these sleepy little towns that's all of six blocks long by six blocks wide and a small central park. My plan is to hang out here and chill for a couple of days and catch up on my writing and finish the intro... so hang in there... many stories are on there way...

My impressions on Central America... you may be surprised as to where you should consider visiting and wheree I suggest you may invest... Pitstop in Costa Rica for work and unexpected new friends... and my butt would be sore if only it would stop raining.

We'll be right back after these messages...
Facebook
Twitter: @2wheelchronicle

Cousteau screwed with this post 04-22-2013 at 08:04 AM
Cousteau is offline   Reply With Quote