View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #2342
hansi
Teurer Abenteurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextAdventre View Post
The TR650 is a SUPERB motorcycle for the money. It's smooth, nimble, light, comfortable, can easily cruise on the highway with a windscreen, plays well in the dirt, and all for a price that is astounding. I don't give a hoot where it's built, BMW spent a lot of time and money on this bike and BMW isn't really known for making junk. I have owned a lot of bikes, many of which cost twice as much as this thing and most of them weren't half as much fun.

To Those hemming and hawing i urge you to quit fretting and go and RIDE one. I did a side by side comparisons with the BMW 650 and 700 and honestly wasn't really even considering the Husky at first--glad I tried it. After the ride there was no question--The Husky is just more FUN. Read the June issue of Motorcyclist. Cook talks about what a great bike it is in his editors notes that at first glance are about the DR650, and then it wins a "Singles Club" shoot out.
If this is the only year for the bike so what? You will have gotten a one year gem! There will be parts for the next 10 years minimum no matter what. With it being a mostly BMW machine it should be no problem keeping it up to snuff. Honestly, even at full MSRP I don't see how you can go wrong with either the Terra or the Strada.

+1,
way to much fun to be concerned. It is the bike that scratches that itch for me.