View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #41
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
How about another option - at the track I compare cold and hot tire pressures for determining optimum pressure. I'm looking for 10% increase. Too little increase means too much cold tire pressure. Too much increase means underinflated cold tire pressure.

I've never tried that experiment with a street tire, but it might be able to give you an indication of the sweet spot, based on the same principles - an over inflated tire doesn't reach optimum temperature, whereas an under inflated tire overheats.

THIS...and yes it works with street tires, well at least sport street tires, I haven't had a cruiser in so long those tires would belong in the Smithsonian.

I got 5,000 miles out of a set of Super Corsa SPs including 4-6 track days in there, there is no way you should be getting less mileage out of a touring tire.

Running it at max sidewall PSI encourages squaring because are effectively running the tire on a smaller part of its surface, running it to soft causes it to heat more and also encourages wear.

But yeah, more front brake and take it easy with slapping the throttle open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' View Post
I get about 20,000 miles.

You're gonna die dude

Tripped1 screwed with this post 04-22-2013 at 04:39 AM
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote